Communication is a major task for everyone at work.Therefore, doing it well matters.
Communicate in a way that uses time wisely. Here are 10 top tips for doing just that:
- Focus on the person you are talking to
- Maintain eye contact, listen to them
- React positively, and professionally, if news is bad. Bad news is valuable – don’t behave in a way that will ensure you are the last person it hear it
- Contribute to a positive and creative team environment where you are trusted you to listen appreciatively to one another’s ideas
- Provide time for people who speaks slowly, or is perhaps a reflective thinker
- Help others stay on topic by gently bringing them back to it
- Pay attention to key thoughts, build on them
- Jot down important points and facts, especially dates, figures and names
- If you need to take action based on a conversation takes notes
- Try to listen to the person you are conversing without planning what you will say next.
Reach us at 07779 345 499, email@example.com
T: 07779 345 499
We have experience in developing senior managers and their team members – both on an individual and team level – so they can develop practical approaches that encourage positive, constructive behaviour. This, in turn, leads to the development of positive beliefs and values. We are ready work with you, to help you get the best out of your people.
Here are some examples of approaches that can be used and tailored to your individual needs:
- Special projects, secondments and assignments
- Mediation, to address workplace conflict
- Personal development activities
- Individual and group coaching…Coaching – a powerful way of developing people
- Psychometric assessment, which can identify strengths as well as derailing behaviours and also include 360 degree feedback
- Structured module for understanding the psychological contracts in your organisation, both at an individual or team level
- Straight Talking: …Straight Talking create change through conversations