If you are under pressure/stress, here are some tips from research that may help you. If you do nothing else, at least do these two things?
- Despite feeling pressure maintain your contact with your people
- Maintain trust; give and earn respect by treating people fairly and consistently
Best of all do these as well:
- Feedback is crucial for you and your people. If you have acted on the two points above then ask for feedback and give feedback in return
- Demand excellence, expect it. However, recognise and reward
- Encourage knowledge acquisition
- Help people to include stretching and challenging aspects of work into their role
Both with your people and those for whom you work, pick your issues and fight for them wisely.