Sometimes leaders overuse their strengths and no longer notice that they are not working well. This can lead to people feeling bullied, not listened to and makes the leader hard to work with. In helping Annette, whose boss John, overused being a ‘devils advocate’. This meant he became argumentative, and destructive – even though he thought he was being helpful and ensuring high quality work was done.
The story in this link http://mwrconsulting.co.uk/?p=2715 shows what happens in these circumstances and outline three actions that can be taken.
If you need help call me on 07779 345 499, or email me to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reach us at 07779 345 499, email@example.com
T: 07779 345 499
We have experience in developing senior managers and their team members – both on an individual and team level – so they can develop practical approaches that encourage positive, constructive behaviour. This, in turn, leads to the development of positive beliefs and values. We are ready work with you, to help you get the best out of your people.
Here are some examples of approaches that can be used and tailored to your individual needs:
- Certified ACT practitioner
- Support if you are being bullied, or have a member of your organisation who has made a bullying complaint
- Certified Mediation practioner, to address workplace conflict,
- Personal development activities
- Individual and group coaching…Coaching – a powerful way of developing people
- Psychometric assessment, which can identify strengths as well as derailing behaviours and also include 360 degree feedback
- Structured module for understanding the psychological contracts in your organisation, both at an individual or team level
- Straight Talking: …Straight Talking create change through conversations
- Special projects, secondments and assignments