When supervisors in call centres coach their people they make a positive impact on both productivity and engagement. Recently, a study demonstrated a clear productivity benefit, a saving of 1 second on each call as a direct result of coaching.
Furthermore, coaching was added value, since it was delivered by supervisor at no further cost.
Sometimes supervisors were unwilling to coach. Specifically, they were more likely to be unwilling when supervisors had not been supported to:
- develop their coaching skills,
- have time to coach rather than attend to administration
- evolve their confidence
From an effectiveness and efficiency point of view it makes sense to equip supervisors to coach.
Even when organisational hierarchies are beginning to flatten the evidence here indicates a need for supervisors to play a central role in employee development and performance management. Supervisors are the ideal people to deliver call centre training coaching.
1 Liu, A. And Batt, R (2010) How Supervisors Influence Performance: A Multilevel Study of Coaching and Group management in Technology-Mediated Services, PERSONNEL PSYCHOLOGY, 63, pp265–298
Reach us at 07779 345 499, firstname.lastname@example.org
T: 07779 345 499
We have experience in developing senior managers and their team members – both on an individual and team level – so they can develop practical approaches that encourage positive, constructive behaviour. This, in turn, leads to the development of positive beliefs and values. We are ready work with you, to help you get the best out of your people.
Here are some examples of approaches that can be used and tailored to your individual needs:
- Individual and group coaching…Coaching – a powerful way of developing people
- Personal development activities
- Special projects, secondments and assignments
- Mediation, to address workplace conflict
- Psychometric assessment, which can identify strengths as well as derailing behaviours and also include 360 degree feedback
- Structured module for understanding the psychological contracts in your organisation, both at an individual or team level
- Straight Talking: …Straight Talking create change through conversations