Success, freedom and instant flexibility are often expectations mentioned when people give reasons for working from home.
Researchers1 have found that having a defined and largely dedicated space to work in at home helps successful homeworking. Many people experiment until they get the space right. This includes how they use and manage their equipment, room environment, and ambiance. In particular, dedicated space and decoration of a room helps to signify to family and friends that it is work space. This helps establish work and non work boundaries at home. People working from home then make choices about where activities, such payment of bills on-line, are undertaken in the ‘home-office’ or in a non work space.
1 Mustafa. M and Gold, M (2013) ‘Chained to my work?’ Strategies to manage temporal and physical boundaries among self-employed teleworkers’. Human Resource Management Journal, 23 (40), pp 413-429
Reach us at 07779 345 499, email@example.com
T: 07779 345 499
We have experience in developing senior managers and their team members – both on an individual and team level – so they can develop practical approaches that encourage positive, constructive behaviour.This, in turn, leads to the development of positive beliefs and values. We are ready work with you, to help you get the best out of your people.
Here are some examples of approaches that can be used and tailored to your individual needs:
- Special projects, secondments and assignments
- Mediation, to address workplace conflict
- Personal development activities
- Individual and group coaching…Coaching – a powerful way of developing people
- Psychometric assessment, which can identify strengths as well as derailing behaviours and also include 360 degree feedback
- Structured module for understanding the psychological contracts in your organisation, both at an individual or team level
- Straight Talking: …Straight Talking create change through conversations