We just don’t notice that what we say and what we do often conflict.
Our innermost thoughts are something we tend to regard as correct, true, and trustworthy. Importantly these thoughts guide what we will do – or we think that they do.
Polling predictions did not reflect the 2015 election result. Did your voting 2015 election decision throw your certainties into doubt when you marked the voting paper?
Moments sometimes happen when we notice that our inner thoughts and plans are not what we actually do. We surprise ourselves.
Usually however, we just don’t notice that what we say and what we do often conflict. This means that we don’t really know what affects our decisions and behaviour.
Nobel Prize winning research from Daniel Khaneman has shown that the kinds of things we take in into account when we make decisions are often not things we say are involved. So, when asked how we will vote we can say one thing to a pollster and then vote differently on the day itself.
As the pollsters go and lick their wounds it is worth remembering that they already knew that ‘what we say’ and ‘what we do’ can be very different…
Reach us at 07779 345 499, email@example.com
T: 07779 345 499
We have experience in developing senior managers and their team members – both on an individual and team level – so they can develop practical approaches that encourage positive, constructive behaviour. This, in turn, leads to the development of positive beliefs and values. We are ready work with you, to help you get the best out of your people.
Here are some examples of approaches that can be used and tailored to your individual needs:
- Certified ACT practioner
- Support if you are being bullied, or have a member of your organisation who has made a bullying complaint
- Certified Mediation practioner, to address workplace conflict,
- Personal development activities
- Individual and group coaching…Coaching – a powerful way of developing people
- Psychometric assessment, which can identify strengths as well as derailing behaviours and also include 360 degree feedback
- Structured module for understanding the psychological contracts in your organisation, both at an individual or team level
- Straight Talking: …Straight Talking create change through conversations
- Special projects, secondments and assignments